Ohio Statutory Agent
Ohio Registered Agent / Statutory Agent Service
Every corporation and limited liability company in Ohio is required by law to designate an Ohio statutory agent (also called an Ohio registered agent) to accept service of process on behalf of their business. This legal requirement ensures that a business can be properly contacted in the case of a lawsuit being brought against the company.
Our $49 Ohio Statutory Agent Package:
- Instant Ohio Registered Agent Service
- Immediate Access to Client Document Portal
- Same-Day Document Scans of State and Legal Mail
- Use of Our Commercial North Canton Address on Business Filings
- No Per Document Fees
- No Forwarding Fees
- No Hidden Charges
- Customized Statutory Agent Service to Fit Your Business
- Compliance Monitoring Year Round w/Our Sophisticated Tracking Software
- Annual Report Reminders & Ohio Tax Notifications
Why Hire a Local Ohio Statutory Agent Service?
When it comes to Ohio registered agent service, there are a lot of options out there, many of them large corporate giants that operate all across the country. Which raises the question: why should you go with a small local Ohio office?
Here’s why we think you should shop local:
- We Have One Price ($49 Per Year), Not an Introductory Price
- We Don’t Offer Discounts Because We Are Always the Lowest Price in Ohio
- We Don’t Treat Our Clients Like a Number in a Corporate Ledger Book
- We Offer Individualized Service for Every Client, Not Just High Rollers
- We Know Ohio Business (It’s All We Do)
- We’re Here to Make a Living, Not Accumulate a Fortune
Why Do I Need an Ohio Statutory Agent?
The Ohio General Corporation Law (Ohio Rev Code § 1701.07) requires that every business in the state “have and maintain an agent…upon whom any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by statute to be served upon a corporation may be served.”
If you start a corporation or LLC in Ohio, you have to appoint an Ohio registered agent. What you don’t have to do is appoint an agent that charges outrageous fees or doesn’t customize their service to your business.
We believe your statutory agent should provide more than just rock bottom service, which is why we are dedicated to helping our clients every way we can: providing total compliance monitoring, annual report notifications, DIY business filing guides for every Ohio state filing, offering the use of our commercial address on filings, and much more.
Who Can Be an Ohio Statutory Agent?
The following are legally allowed to act as a registered agent in Ohio:
- A natural person who is a resident of Ohio
- A domestic or foreign corporation
- A domestic or foreign LLC
- A domestic or foreign partnership, LPA, professional association, trust or non-profit association
Requirements for Ohio Statutory Agents
When you hire an Ohio statutory agent, they are required by law to have and maintain a physical office location within the state. This office must be open during regular business hours throughout the year, and your agent must accept service of process and other official notifications on behalf of your business. When these documents are accepted, they must be forwarded to you in a timely manner.
To meet these requirements, we have designed a sophisticated client interface portal where your documents are uploaded the same day they arrive in our office. You are instantly notified, and you can view your documents from anywhere by logging into your account.
How Is an Ohio Statutory Agent Appointed?
An Ohio statutory agent is appointed when you form a business entity in Ohio. This is done on your formation documents, which are filed with the Ohio Secretary of State.
If you already have an agent and wish to appoint a new agent, you can change your registered agent by filing a Statutory Agent Update form with the Secretary of State.
How Do I Change My Ohio Statutory Agent?
You can change agents at any time by filing a Statutory Agent Update form with the Secretary of State. The filing fee is $25. This form can be submitted online, by mail, or in person.